Occupational & Industrial Medicine is the branch of medicine which deals with the pre-screening and maintenance of health in the workplace and promotes productivity...
Our Occupational Medical Department (Occ Med) works to ensure the highest standards of occupational health and safety can be achieved and maintained for your company. We focus on pre-employment, preventative medicine and the management of illness or injury due to accidents related to the workplace. This way we can reduce your cost and help increase your workplace efficiency. Our Physicians and Advance Nurse Practitioners have a wide knowledge of clinical medicine and have knowledge in critical areas to minimize your risk as an employer and help ensure the safety of your employees. We strive to return your employees to work as quickly as possible. While the national average of worker’s comp return to service is 82%, Doctors Urgent Care maintains a 95% rate of return. Call us to see how we can help your business in this ever-changing world of regulatory compliance.
If you need to establish a New Occupational Medicine account, please call Natasha at (985) 690-8363 or the clinic at (985) 690-8300.
Services available for Employers:
- Drug Screening including DOT, NON-DOT and RAPID testing - Multiple panels available for RAPID and NON-DOT collections. We can also customize to fit the company's needs. **All rapid drug screen that tests non-negative will be sent to an outside lab for confirmation testing.
- Breath Alcohol Screening (DOT or NON-DOT)
- Agility Tests - please call us at (985) 690-8300 to check that we can accommodate your company's specific needs
- X-Rays - Including B-Reader certification if needed on Chest X-Rays
- DOT/CDL Physicals - Nationally Registered Providers
- Merchant Marine Physicals
- Hearing Screen/Hearing Conservation Services
- Pulmonary Function (PFT)
- OSHA Respirator Questionnaire
- Heavy Metal Blood Tests
- Evaluate & Treat after an accident
- Post-Accident Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Review Job Description provided by Employer for clearance to Return to Work
- Continuing care and/or referral management for employees out with injury/illness
- OSHA Respiratory Questionnaire
- CDL DOT Form 2020
- We are open 7-days a Week: Monday to Sunday 9am - 6pm
- All collectors and technicians are DOT certified - drug screenings are not performed after 3 pm with the exception of post-accidents
- Full-lab, X-Ray, EKG, Surgical Procedures such as Laceration Repair/Stitches, Casting for Broken Bones and Agility Testing on-premises.
- Fax number: 985-690-8301
Businesses and Industries we assist:
- Hospitals & Medical Offices
- Police, Fire, City/State/Federal Government Agencies
- Transportation Industries & Placement Services
- School Boards
- Warehouse Facilities
- New Businesses
- And Many More